Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Steinbrenner. My opinion on him


Most of my dad's opinions have gotten stuck into my head and made into my own opinions. One of these opinions is the opinion that George Steinbrenner ruined professional sports. At first, it was just me agreeing with my dad, then I formed my own opinion on it. I found it true that he did sort of ruin sports. He made it so that teams try to buy championships. This made the fact that usually the team with the most money will win a championship. This is true for the Yankees 27 times. You might say to yourself, the Yankees are always the richest team and they don't always win, but they have the most. Nobody is even close to the Yankees. It's not because the Yankees have some magic power that they are the best all the time. The reason is they are willing to spend millions on players when spending hundred thousands was spending a lot. Of course the good players are going to go there. Now if you are a professional athlete if you don't get paid millions you are considered a 2nd or 3rd tier team. My dad told me this was because Steinbrenner spent a lot of money on players to get them to come to the Yankees. He put a little seed of hatred for the Yankees and Steinbrenner in my heart and since then it has grown from my brain. Now, I'm not saying that I'm glad the guy is dead. The damage is done, and it is sad for the Yankees to lose a person with such a big impact on their team. I don't wish any bad things on the family. He did do good things for the game, but he also ruined it. R.I.P George Steinbrenner

No comments:

Post a Comment