Saturday, July 3, 2010

Free Agency. i promise the last blog about it....i think

Free agency frenzy has been getting a little out of hand for me. The media is confusing. They say for like a whole week before free agency that its going to be the bulls that LeBron James and Chris Bosh will go to. Then, one day Miami comes up and that is where LeBron is going to go. Then the next day everyone is saying that he will stay with the Cavs. I think the media is just saying all the options so that they can say they were right at some point. I think I might be getting whiplash from where or where not he is going and what everyone is saying. I thought from the beginning that it would be either the Cavs or the Bulls, I did get a little influenced and thought it might be the Heat, but I am sticking to my original point. He will either stay in Cleveland or go to Chicago. Something that I don't understand is that there are maybe 10 really good, maybe max contract players out there that are free agents, and yet the only thing we can talk about is LeBron and where he will go and who he will be with. If this doesn't prove that the league loves and the media loves LeBron, what will? Kobe never had this much coverage over his free agency and Kobe didn't even have as much competition for coverage as LeBron does this year. Yes, people have talked about other guys, but only because either they might be going with the king or they will be going to a team because they do not sign James. If you really think about it the only free agent that anyone has cared a lot about was LeBron James. I think that it is unfair to the players that are great players in the league and they don't get any publicity because they just happened to have free agency the same year as James. Earlier before free agency started I made a list of about 7 guys that I thought were important free agents. I put them on paper and put a team that I thought they would go to. As they sign I will put who they signed with and see how many I got right. With some of the bigger names that I thought were important I didn't know what to say because most of the media hadn't said much about where they would go. I don't pay that much attention to the NBA, I needed help to write about this topic and yet the media wasn't helping me, because all they could talk about was LeBron, and here I am talking about him. When I write a blog and put labels on the post they count how many times I have used each one. I have used LeBron James so many times that it seems like that is all I care about. I'm not even that big of a fan of him and until this years final I didn't even pay any attention to the NBA at all. Suddenly all I can talk about is the NBA or LeBron. It's getting ridiculous. I went from someone who didn't believe in the NBA to someone who wrote about it constantly, almost everyday. The same with soccer and the world cup. Going in I cared about 10% about the world cup and I seemed to be writing about it whenever nothing new was going on with the NBA. I became a freak. I was writing about sports I didn't care about. Meanwhile a sport I love to watch and have been a fan of all my life is going on and I don't even write about it. I really need to change something.

No comments:

Post a Comment