Friday, July 23, 2010

A-rod's chase for 600


So far A-rod's chase for his 600th home run hasn't really been publicized. Now its on ESPN.com, but only because he hit 599 last night. When Griffey was chasing it the last five was publicized. Is it because A-rod took steroids? I don't think so. I think that maybe if they don't over do this before its real news, then when it is real news they will over do it. I have been 50-50 with my opinion on A-rod for his whole career. Sometimes I like him and think that he has the potential to be a great. Then there are times when I hate him because he is a little overrated. I think that because this hasn't been very publicized it might get rid of a little bit of the opinion that A-rod is overrated. I really don't think that he is overrated anymore. Now we realize he is human because he did steroids. And now he is a better player because he has been able to finish in the playoffs. Last year was the first time A-rod actually played well in the playoffs and the end of the regular season. Now I think that A-rod has earned all the publicity he gets. I think that doing steroids might have been the best thing that happened to him. Let me explain. People got over the steroids thing pretty quickly because almost everybody else did it at that time. Now he doesn't get as much tv time. So people think a little better of him. Now he is better because he wants to prove himself without steroids. So now A-rod is a lot better and viewed better all basically because he did steroids.

No comments:

Post a Comment