Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Derrick Rose


There is no doubt that Derrick Rose has been playing very well this season. He has game in and game out lead this team in scoring, this year he has tried to reach the free throw line more often and he has. The best thing about Derrick Rose penitrating to get to the line is that he is probably going to make the original shot and that makes a lot of his chances and1s. When you get and1s and you can shoot free throws like Derrick Rose can that really helps your team. He is a great player and the Bulls management knew that when they drafted him first overall. This has to be one of the best examples of how having the first pick can help and can help in a hurry. It was only a couple years ago that the Bulls were dismal and made me shake my head, along with the rest of the NBA. Now that Rose is leading this team and that I've gotten over my struggle with the NBA I like this team and I think they are going to do great things. If they don't win this year because they don't have a 2 guard I'm fine because this is a very young team and they have about 10 more years of good play and I'm only a little kidding. Derrick Rose will be a player in 10 years and a few of these players we be there too. They are a great team. Now onto the MVP talk about Rose.
Rose has been playing great this season like I said before. He has been playing like an MVP and yet he hasn't been recognized like one until just recently by the national media. Rose is a great player and this season he has improved a lot and has really stepped up to that upper echelon of players. I think he deserves this award 100%. It is only the middle of the season, but I think DRose is only going to get better not worse. I doubt he will get injured(knock on wood) and so I think they should just hand it to him now. You might talk about some of the other contenders. They are LeBron, Wade, Dirk, and Rondo. LeBron and Wade are probably not going to win this because the votes will be split for them because they are both playing well but they are playing together. Dirk will probably not get this because the Mavs seem like they are falling and Dirk was injured for a chunk of the season. I don't think he will win this award, but if Derrick doesn't get it Dirk should. Now onto Rondo, this is the one that I have a lot to say about. People think Rondo is a better point guard because he had a good year last year. Derrick has had a good year last year and this year and people still don't realize how good of a year he is having this year. When the Bulls played the Celtics most recently Derrick showed up Rondo. He played better both as a scorer and as a passer. Rondo didn't have a great game, but Rose still played better than Rondo would have in a good game. The Bulls won and Rose came out victorious. After this people still didn't think of Rose as an MVP candidate. I think people as fans of the game and the national media have wised up a little and now consider him, but still don't always pick him as a favorite. I think they should have him as the favorite. He is a great player and is having a great year and deserves the MVP.

No comments:

Post a Comment