Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Rivalries.

Recently I heard on the radio that someone said that rivalries are basically dead in professional sports now. I'm going to write this blog about my opinion on that statement.
First, they made a good point by saying that the big one everyone mentions is the Red Sox and the Yankees, but that's not a rivalry between the players, its more between the fans. I agree with that.
BUT, if I were a yankees player I would still want to beat the Red Sox because they are in my division and so I would hate their guts when on the field. I could still be their friend off the field, but when that game starts I want to beat them soo bad.
I do know of one rivalry that is still intact between the players and the coaches. The Bears and the Packers are huge. Coach Lovie Smith came in saying I am going to make sure that this team beats the packers. Thats what the fans wanted from a coach. The players when that kickoff happens hate the players on the other team. So rivalries are still true today. They may not be true in baseball or basketball, but in football the most physical sport there are still rivalries. They still want to hit each other as hard as they can because they hate the other team.

No comments:

Post a Comment