Monday, July 26, 2010

Dez Bryant doesn't carry pads. OH NO!


Recently a story has been a little blown out of proportion. But since I have nothing else important to write about I will comment on this. At first when I saw this I was on the side of Dez Bryant. Then, I went a little deeper and found out more than just what the headline said. First it just said that he wouldn't carry Roy Williams pads. I wouldn't carry the pads of some veteran at my position that I was competing with either. I would if I had no chance of getting that job, but if I was competing for the same job that it basically Roy Williams saying I'm going to win this competition because I am a veteran and you are a rookie, never forget that. Then I found out that Dez said he wouldn't carry any other veterans pads. Then I didn't agree with him anymore. I can understand if you are competing with someone you don't want to be treated by dirt by the other person. But in the NFL when you are a rookie the veterans are going to haze you because they were once hazed. Its a continuous cycle. Someday Dez Bryant might ask a rookie to carry his pads. When he does that we might have to bring this little incident up. I would carry the pads of a guy who is a veteran if he isn't playing the same position as me. There are a few exceptions though. Such as I get drafted to the Colts hypothetically and I'm behind Peyton Manning and he asks me to carry his pads. I would carry them because it would be an honor to carry them. If I were Dez I would say no to Roy and go grab a lineman's pads to show his appreciation but also to send Roy a message saying that he isn't going to back down just because he is a rookie and Roy is a veteran.

No comments:

Post a Comment