Wednesday, August 11, 2010

yess. a brawl in baseball.

If you know me at all you know that a big reason I like watching hockey is the fights. Yes, I like the excitement of the game of hockey too, but fighting is really the best part. So last night with some tension about playing for first place the Cardinals and the Reds got into a fight. Apparently the fight started when a Reds player said "hi" to Yadier Molina. That triggered something in Molina and so he got into the guys face and benches cleared. The funniest part of this fight to me was afterwords when Chris Carpenter complained about the Reds player spiking him in the back. He said it was unprofessional. How can you be professional during a fight? Punching. Yes that is totally professional. That was definitely my favorite part. Another good part was when Molina came up after the brawl and hit a home run. It was just him saying. EAT THAT. and I love that. Another good part. Only the two managers were kicked out. Really? What they needed to make sure that their players didn't fight so its their fault. I don't even think they were really in the fight that much. So this was a pretty funny brawl. But is it good for the team and for the sport? I think it is a good thing for the team, because it shows the Cardinals aren't going to back down. They will fight to win this division. (no pun intended) If it is good for the sport, I'm not sure. But if I were a Cardinals or Reds fan I would want to see these games now because its a rivalry now. Even if I'm not a fan of either. I want to see these games because something might break out. It is good for revenue. I just love fights and last night's was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment