Tuesday, August 10, 2010

HE is back in action.

Everybody knows it by now, but I thought I would blog about it because there is nothing else to talk about. Strasburg is going to make his first start since late july and I can't wait. Part of me wants to see him do really well, but the other part wants to see him get a little sore and stay out. They should have him on a special rotation, which is not every 5 games but every 7. It might screw up their rotation, but they aren't going to win anything anyway and that way they are still playing him, but he isn't being over-worked to where he would hurt that shoulder again. Its a very smart plan, which is why I think they probably won't do it. I will be watching baseball tonight or something, though to see how he does. I do want him to succeed I just don't want him to blow his shoulder or elbow out in his first 3 seasons. I want to see Stephen Strasburg play until he is as old as Brett Favre. This kid has the potential to become AMAZING. But, if they overwork him, even though they think they aren't he will end up like Kerry Wood. The same pitching coach ruining both of them, he would become an outcast in baseball. As long as they slowly progress him into a normal pitching schedule he will be fine, they shouldn't rush him just because they want to make more money. The money will come when they see him possibly pitching complete games and every 5 days without him getting injured. The time for the Nationals is coming, its just not here yet, so they shouldn't try to rush it. It will come. I think he will get a no decision, but the Natinoals will lose and he will have 7 strikeouts. I will probably be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment