Wednesday, October 27, 2010

World Series Preview

I want to start off saying that this World Series should be a very interesting one. Both the Rangers and the Giants have really good starting pitching. We all know that pitching is the key to winning in the postseason and most importantly the World Series. Both these teams also had pretty good bullpens during the regular season, but during the postseason neither has really shined. This is probably the one weak-point for each team. The offense of each team is totally different. The Rangers have a lot of good hitters and every guy in the lineup can hit. The Giants are more of a scrappy offense. They take what they can get. If they get some runs off stolen bases or wild pitches that is how they win.
Alright for the rest of this post I will take the Series game by game with what I think will happen and then review each team. First I want to say that I think this game will go only 6 games and I will reveal who wins later in the post.
Game 1
Yes, I admit that the game has already started, but I swear i predicted the game first I just didn't get a chance to finish this blog before then. I'm thinking this might be one of the best games of the series. You have two of the best pitchers in the league going up against each other so it is bound to be good. Both offenses will definitely play up to their potential. So I think this game will be close, but because Cliff Lee is such a beast and is probably going to pass up Pettite for the best postseason pitcher ever. With that advantage in this game I'm going to pick the Rangers.
Game 2
This is another good pitching matchup both Cain and Wilson have proved to be impressive this year. I think the Giants will be a little shocked from probably losing the night before and they will play much better in this game. I'm thinking that Cain will be lights out in this game and the Giants will tie the series with a win.
Game 3
In this game pitching will be important once again. Colby Lewis has really proved himself in this postseason. He has beat the yankees twice during these playoffs. If he can handle that lineup I think he can match up with this Giants lineup. this will be the last win that the Rangers win. They will be lucky to win this one and just won't end up living up to the way they play in the first and third games.
Game 4
This game will be the alright pitchers, not really well known but the offense will shine to the average person watching. So because I think the Giants have a more effective offense they will win this game. I think they have more fight in them. They want it a little more. I'm not saying the Rangers don't want it because they do a lot. I just think the Giants will prevail and win this game. They, in my opinion, are now tied 2-2. From here the Giants won't look back.
Game 5
This will be Lee and Lincecum again. I think this time Lincecum will come back more improved. I'm not saying that Lee won't have a good game, because he will. I just think the rest of the Giants will back up Lincecum better and they win this game. They are now up 3-2 and they don't want to have a game 7 just like in the NLCS. They made sure there was not a game 7.
Game 6
This game will have good pitching. But, with a lot on the line I think the Giants will step up and win this game. They don't want to deal with the pressure of having a game 7. They are going to win this game. They may not win by a large margin but they will win this game. I can almost guaruntee it. So, the Giants win in 6.

Team Previews

Rangers
This team has a really good offense. Every guy in the lineup can step up and get an RBI or get on base or score a run. They all play hard. When you walk what you think is their best player the next guy in the lineup gets a huge hit and they score a run. They also have a great rotation. All 4 guys they are using in this postseason are good pitchers. All of them can win the game each time against this team and already have against the Yankees. Their bullpen is their weakness so far in the postseason and probably might continue to do so. They are still a good team with a lot of heart and if they prove me wrong and win this series they deserve it.
Giants
This team also has very good starting pitching. Their first two pitchers both are very good. They can win a game anytime and pitch very well. Their offense is scrappy which can be very good during the postseason. They have a bit of a stronger bullpen than the Rangers. So I think they are going to prevail to win. They might not necessarily be the better team, but I think in this series they will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment