Sunday, October 17, 2010

Contender or Pretender?

In this blog I will look at the surprising records this season and declare them either a real contender or a pretender.
Chiefs
They are 3-2 and started off 3-0. Yes, they have just recently taken a tumble of two losses in a roll. I still think they are good enough to be included in the discussion of surprisingly good seasons so far. So do I think they are a contender or a pretender? Well, I'll tell you I think they can be a contender, but at the moment they are a pretender. If you look at the teams they have beaten, like the Chargers. In week 1 we thought that was a great feat. Now we know that the Chargers aren't who we thought they were. So for now I think the Chiefs are pretenders, but if they improve their defense they can be a real contender.
Steelers
I know you may be saying that this isn't surprising because they are a good team, but I qualify it as surprising because they did it without their leader Big Ben. They did it with a quarterback that probably on any other team couldn't do shit. Now that they have Big Ben back and he has already given them a win, I think they are contenders. The most important factor in their possible success was how they would do without their quarterback there. They proved that their defense is still supreme and they can win even without their guy. So they are definitely a contender and I wouldn't be surprised if they win the super bowl.
Buccaneers
They are 3-2 this year and started off 3-0 just like the Chiefs. But one thing that isn't like the Chiefs. I don't think this team has any chance to be a contender. To me, they are a total pretender. I won't be surprised if they are this year's Denver Broncos. I thought because the Chiefs have bits that are good they could become a contender, but the Bucs don't have really anything good for them. I think they have one thing on their side and that is luck. If they end up winning the super bowl, well I don't think anyone saw that coming and that probably just won't happen.
Bears
The Bears are 4-2 this season which is very surprising seeing that they didn't even win a game in the preseason. Just recently the Bears lost to the Seattle Seahawks and really couldn't do much at all on offense. I jumped on the bandwagon as a Bears fan and was happy that we were contenders this year in such a tough division, but now I'm afraid we are going to take a giant fall coming up. I think we are pretenders. It hurts me to say that, but its the truth and sometimes the truth hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment