Friday, October 22, 2010

This Year's MLB Playoffs


You might see the title of this post and think, why is there a post about the MLB playoffs in the middle of a series. Not at the end or the beginning of the playoffs or even at the end or beginning of a series. Well the reason I am writing this right now is because I feel that now is the best time to predict who will win each series and to talk about a lot of things that have happened so far and what I think will happen later on in this year's playoffs. The other reason is because I really didn't have anything else to write about. So lets get started.
Giants vs. Phillies
Coming into this series I liked both teams. I would have rather saw Atlanta be here, but I liked the Giants. I thought the Giants weren't good enough to stand up to this Philly team, but they proved me wrong. Throughout the whole series I had the Phillies as favorites and still do. I doubt whether or not that will actually happen, but the Phillies still have a chance and the next two games are at home. Both these teams are very good and will put up a strong fight whether they are playing the yankees or the Rangers. I'm still sticking with my guns and picking the Phillies, but the Giants might come along and ruin my whole day. And if they do, I think I would be fine with it.
Yankees vs. Rangers
First thing I'm going to say about this is that I am a Yankee hater. Just because I don't like the Yankees doesn't mean I don't think they are a good team and they will compete every single game, but I think the Rangers have the right weapons that will hurt the Yankees. They have the one pitcher that can actually handle the very strong Yankees line up. If the Rangers want to win they will need to have him go more than he did the last time in which he only went 6 innings. The Rangers don't have a great bullpen. But, if they can score off the Yankees pretty good in the first few innings and they won't have to face rivera in a win or not situation they will win tonight. No disrespect to the Yankees and how good of a team they are, but this year isn't the year, last year was. This year they won't win it all.

One final thought. I think the National League this year is very strong. Both the teams left in the American League just don't match up to the teams in the NL. So I think no matter what American team and no matter what National team. The National team will win series.

No comments:

Post a Comment