Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blackhawks Season Preview


Yes, I know it seems weird to be writing a blog post about the preview of a season that has already started. Well, there are two reasons why I am doing this. The first is that I just plain didn't have time to write a blog earlier this week about the start of the season before it actually started. And the second reason is because I thought I would do something a little different for my season preview. I will give my idea on how good the Blackhawks will do, but I want to talk about the pressure on these young guys and the expectations in Chicago. So first, my outlook on the season.
Even though we were forced to get rid of a lot of our good players we kept the core five. Yes, we got rid of our goalie which isn't a smart idea, but we got possibly a better goalie and he is more of a veteran. A lot of fans keep saying how good Niemi is. That's because all they remember is the playoffs. During the playoffs, he was great. But during the regular season, he wasn't that great he was our weak point. So now I think we have a good team, its not better, but I don't think it is much worse. Looking at the two games we have played it looks like we aren't very good, but both games were close and its only the beginning of the season. So I think the team will do very well this year. They are definitely a playoff team, and when you get there you never know what will happen. So I can't really make an accurate prediction other than that they will make the playoffs.
Most fans in Chicago if they are reading this are saying just making the playoffs isn't good enough. We have to do better than last year. You may think that is impossible, but it is possible. We could do better we can lose less games in the playoffs. We have a team that is built for the playoffs, but when you get there you never know who is going to win. The Capitals are a good team that got knocked out in the first round, so don't make high expectations. Remember Jonathon Toews is only 22 years old. When you put too much pressure on a young person like that they may explode. I know you are probably thinking now, Toews can handle pressure very well and I agree. I'm just saying to be careful. But the Blackhawks expectations for the year couldn't be higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment