Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Power of the Hamburger, Bulls Win 98-79


Last night the Bulls played the Wizards. By winning they gained sole possession of first place in the eastern conference, and added to their winning streak making the streak 7 games in a row. They will play the Nets on Thursday to try to extend that streak to 8 games. Through the whole streak Derrick Rose has been the MVP that he has been all year. I hope the Bulls can continue to win like this to finish out the rest of the season.

The Bulls have won most of the games during the streak without Boozer and last night they didn't have Noah either. Those two players have had troubles this season staying healthy, but it will be good to have Noah back on Thursday. I don't know when Boozer will be back, but this injury is not his fault. He got almost killed by Kwame Brown. Boozer did shoot a little today, but I doubt he will be back that soon. I hope Boozer will be back soon, because when the Bulls have Noah, Boozer, Deng and Rose on the court to start the game they win a lot more games than when they don't. I also hope that Boozer and Noah will be on the court throughout the whole playoff run, when it comes that time.
Another big part of the game that probably shouldn't have been a big part of the game was that fans were a little upset with Brian Scalabrine for not attempting a three as time expired so that they could get a hamburger. I don't think this had a huge impact, but I did think it was kind of funny that some fans are fat enough that they would get mad at a player because he didn't try to help them get a free hamburger. Another point, who says that Scal would've hit the shot? I seriously doubt that Brian Scalabrine would have hit a three.
To recap the game, I don't really have much to say. I couldn't watch the game because it wasn't on my TV, but from what I saw on twitter they were sloppy. That is not the kind of play that will help us in the playoffs. My favorite thing that happened last night was that the Bulls won big, they took first place in the east and yet after the game coach Thibodeau was mad at the team. That is why I love having him as our coach, he pushes them hard and never stops asking for more. Some people say he pushes them too hard and they may not like it, but from what I have heard so far he is well liked by the players and he is doing a great job coaching them. In my opinion he deserves to get the Coach of the Year award. Getting to the NBA Finals, or even the conference finals would help him get that even more. That was the best pickup we had this offseason, even over the Boozer pick up.
I hope the Bulls continue to get better as the year finishes out and I hope they go far in the playoffs. Derrick Rose will win the MVP, I don't think any other player can put up an argument, because no other player has played as well as Rose the whole year. There might be some players that are starting to play well recently, but Rose has been the best player the whole season.


I felt the need to share that picture, because when I first saw it I almost peed my pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment