Saturday, September 4, 2010

AFC West Predictions

Broncos
This team has a bit of a problem at quarterback. But its not the usual problem that they don't have a good quarterback. I think they have 3 quarterbacks who are in that average area as a QB so now they have to decide who they are going to go with. Orton had a plenty good season last year, but that was with Brandon Marshall. Now he is gone. And he has taken a shot because Josh McDaniels basically staked his career on another QB. That helps out Tebow, but even if they end up starting Orton he has taken a shot and probably won't play as good cause they don't have Marshall. He was their guy last year and now he is gone. The QB has become the most important position lately and I just don't think this team has that quarterback. They have good ones, but not great. They go 7-9.
Chiefs
They think they are good because they have Matt Kassel, but the truth is that just like Brady Kassel was good with the Patriots because they have a good rest of the team. Now that he is with the Chiefs he hasn't really been on the radar. They also think they are going to be good because they have Thomas Jones. I personally have experienced the ups and downs of Thomas Jones when he was playing for the Bears. There were seasons when I thought he was one of the best in the league and other times when I wished he was off our team. I think the whole negative vibe that is kind of hanging around the Chiefs organization will probably end bad for Jones. So I think they go 6-10.
Raiders
Everyone laughs when you even talk about the Raiders and their chances. But I think they have a much better season this year. (Yes, I know the totally crazy Al Michaels has compared both Russel and Campbell to Plunkett but I think Campbell might work)It is obvious that they have a better leader or just quarterback period this year. So that might lead to more wins. They still don't have a playoff caliber team, but they will get more wins. Last year they went 5-11. I think the addition of Campbell and the getting rid of Russel will add on about 2 wins. So that means in my mind they go 7-9. But I sound crazy saying that.
Chargers
Easy favorite to win this division. They have always had a good team that just couldn't get it done in the postseason. I just always think back to that 14-2 year that they didn't even get to the AFC championship game. I think this year could be the year that they have a not so good regular season and maybe succeed in the postseason. They really don't need to win more than 8 or 9 games to win this division. But that shouldn't be in their mind that they are going to easily win this division. They should go out to every game like they are fighting for the division and I think that will lead to good things. I think they might go somewhere around 10-6 maybe 11-5 if they get V. Jackson back.

(this is by far the easiest division for any team to be in. If a team has a even season they still might win. It would be kind of funny to see a team without a winning record win their division, while there are possibly 3 teams in the NFC north who can win it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment